This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
This tropical-inspired dish is gently spiced for a rich flavor.
Servings: 10 cups
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 Green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce can black beans
- 1 teaspoon Oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 11/2 cups Instant brown rice
- Saute onion and green pepper in canola oil, in a large pan, until tender. Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes, beans (include liquid from both), oregano, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and cover. Reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut this recipe in half to save money.
Total calories: 185 Total fat: 1 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 37 g Protein: 7 g Fiber: 7 g Sodium: 297 mg
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 297mg | Fiber: 7g