This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Chipotle Potato Stuffed Poblanos
This recipe is great for a festive breakfast, dinner, or a family gathering.
Servings: 4 pieces
- 4 pieces Large poblano peppers
- 1 pound Russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup Salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon Canned chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 teaspoon Adobo sauce
- 4 tablespoon Asadero Cheese
- Put poblano peppers in the oven and broil for a few minutes on each side to blacken skin. Place in a small paper bag and fold over the top; let stand for 5 minutes. Cooking or steaming peppers for too long will make them fall apart.
- Rub off skins and very carefully cut open and remove seeds, leaving stems attached. Place on a small baking sheet and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl. Cover and microwave on high for about 7 or 8 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Mash well.
- Stir tomato, green onion, salsa, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce into mashed potatoes.
- Spoon about 2 ⁄3 cup potato mixture into each broiled pepper and sprinkle each with a tablespoon of cheese.
- Broil stuffed poblanos for 1 or 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Use Oaxaca cheese instead of Asadero cheese.
Total calories: 140 Total fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 27 g Protein: 5 g Fiber: 5 g Sodium: 160 mg