This recipe provided by Connecticut Department of Public Health WIC and SNAP-Ed
Frozen Fruit Pops
Three ingredients make these refreshing frozen treats
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, canned (packed in 100% fruit juice or water) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (8 ounces) (WIC approved)
- 6 ounces 100% orange juice (WIC approved)
- Mix the ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Divide into 4 paper cups.
- Freeze until slushy - about 60 minutes. Insert a wooden stick half way through the center of each fruit pop.
- Freeze until hard or at least 4 hours. Peel away the paper cup before you eat the fruit pop.
- You can mix ingredients and freeze in ice cube tray instead of cups, makes great ice cubes in fruit juice or sparkling water.
- Try other fruits or juice concentrates for variety.