This recipe provided by Connecticut Department of Public Health WIC and SNAP-Ed
New Wave Chicken Wrap
Easy and delicious these wraps make a great appetizer or light meal and each wrap contains half a cup of vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast (about 8 oz. raw)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded) (WIC approved)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (chopped) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (chopped) (WIC approved)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed) (WIC approved)
- 2 tsp garlic herb seasoning (no salt)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 16 large green lettuce leave, removed from head (WIC approved)
- Combine all ingredients except lettuce leaves and mix well.
- Place equal amounts of the salad mixture on each lettuce leaf.
- Roll from one end of the lettuce leaf to the middle.
- Fold in the sides and continue to roll.
- Secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a platter and serve.
- Each wrap contains 1/2 cup of vegetables per serving.
- Replace cooked chicken with canned tuna or salmon.
- Great way to use leftover cooked chicken.
- You can use canned chicken.
- Replace lettuce with whole wheat tortilla.