This recipe provided by Connecticut Department of Public Health WIC and SNAP-Ed
Light Italian dressing gives this colorful, veggie-stocked salad some zest
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta (any shape)
- 1 cup cucumber (diced)
- 1 large tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 medium onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Italian light salad dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Mix again before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Try adding leftover vegetables.
- Can add a 15 ounce can of your favorite beans, drained and rinsed.