This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings™
Dark chocolate strawberry smoothie bowl
It looks and tastes like rich, delicious chocolate pudding, but it starts with a ripe avocado and a banana. If you like, add a dash of ground cinnamon to the chocolate mixture
Servings: 1 bowl
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium ripe banana cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 ¼ cup crisp rice cereal
- In blender container or food processor bowl combine avocado, banana, milk, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla. Cover and blend or process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of container occasionally.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into four bowls. Top each bowl with ¼ cup of cereal and ½ cup of strawberries.
- Sprinkle an additional tablespoon of cereal on top and serve immediately.