This recipe courtesy of Dr Yum Project
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan
Roasting broccoli brings out an amazing flavor that is no joke! Broccoli can sometimes take on a mushy consistency when boiled or steamed. This recipe introduces a way to cook this classic veggie that is sure to turn the whole family into broccoli lovers!
- 1½ pounds broccoli cut into bite-size florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest about 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1/2 a lemon
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese omit for vegan or dairy allergy
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place broccoli florets on a rimmed sheet pan and toss with garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange seasoned broccoli in an even layer on the sheet pan so each floret is making direct contact with the pan. Roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp and some of the tips are browned. Remove from oven and immediately toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parmesan.
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 310mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin C: 108mg | Calcium: 104mg