This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Easy Peanut Noodles
Take-out style made easy. Just go shopping in your pantry and dinner is done!
Servings: 6 people
- 12 oz whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 4 cups chopped broccoli or Asian medley fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lime
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp green onion, cilantro or parsley used for garnish
- 3 tbsp chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to boil and prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Microwave the frozen vegetables in a microwave safe container, covered with a paper towel for 3-5 minutes.
- While the broccoli and pasta cook, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, canola oil, lime juice, and garlic. Whisk well until smooth.
- Drain the cooked pasta noodles and add to the sauce. Lastly, add in the cooked vegetables and toss to combine.
- Garnish with green onion, cilantro, or parsley.
- Substitute seasonal vegetables or other frozen vegetables such as peapods
- Add extra vegetables such as chopped fresh spinach, kale, bok choy, bean sprouts, or shredded carrots
- Add diced cooked chicken, beef, shrimp, or firm tofu for added protein
- Add red pepper flakes for a little spice
- This can be served hot or cold
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 3-5 days