This recipe provided by eatfresh.org
Egg and Cheese Tacos
If you have never used soft tortillas for tacos, try this recipe. These are delicious any time of day!
- 1 tbsp milk or water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 6-inch tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheese
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa or chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked meat such as turkey or chicken optional
Set skillet to medium-high heat and add oil or butter.
Heat tortillas in bottom of pan for about 1 minute. Remove and wrap in a paper towel.
Mix milk, pepper, and eggs with a fork in a bowl and then pour into warm skillet.
Heat until cooked through (not wet), stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
Place filling in warmed tortillas with beans, cheese, and optional meat, and fold in half.
Top tacos with salsa or tomatoes.
- Combine milk, pepper, and eggs in the bowl with a fork.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave for 1 more minute.
- Place half the egg mixture on top of each tortilla.
- Layer each with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1⁄4 cup beans, and meat if using.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Fold each tortilla in half around the fillings. Top with salsa or tomatoes and serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 taco
Total calories: 256 Total fat: 7 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 32 g Protein: 17 g Fiber: 6 g Sodium: 205 mg