This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Make this on a Sunday so you can heat up leftovers for an easy breakfast throughout the week.
Servings: 8 slices
- 11/2 pounds Seasonal vegetables
- 2 Medium onions
- 4 ounces Low-fat cheddar cheese
- 12 Medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- 8 ounces Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and cut seasonal veggies evenly into small pieces. Peel, rinse, and dice onions. If using, slice mushrooms and rinse and chop fresh herbs.
- Grate cheddar cheese.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add seasonal veggies to boiling water. Briefly boil, about 30 seconds. Using a colander, drain the veggies.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs with a fork until well blended. Whisk in dried herbs. Set aside.
- Coat medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. If using mushrooms, add now. Add boiled seasonal veggies. Continue cooking until soft and some of their juices have evaporated, about 5 minutes more.
- Coat 9-by-13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients in the baking dish in the following order: veggie mixture, egg mixture, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake until eggs are firm and cheese is melted, about 35 minutes. A thermometer inserted in the middle should read 160°F.
- If using, garnish with chopped fresh herbs.
- Cut into 8 equal-sized portions.
- Cut this recipe in half to save money.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 350mg | Fiber: 3g