Juice Hacks - Mix, Coat, Swap and Top
Why juice? WIC juice options provide an excellent source of:
- Vitamin C, which may help improve your immune system and heal from wounds. Vitamin C can also help your body absorb iron and is an antioxidant that helps protect the body from certain types of cancer.
- Folate/Folic Acid, which helps with cell growth and development.
- Swap out salad dressing for a blend of orange juice, mashed avocado, and cilantro
- Mix your choice of juice into smoothies.
- Mix a little juice with plain yogurt and herbs to make chicken marinades.
- Coat apples, sweet potatoes, or carrots, with a delicious glaze by simmering the fruit or vegetables in apple or orange juice until tender.
- Mix equal amounts of yogurt and juice and stir until smooth to make a drinkable yogurt snack.