This recipe provided by foodhero.org
Lentil Confetti Salad
Servings: 4 cups
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/5 cup green peppers, seeded and chopped about 1/2 a small pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 6 sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley optional
- Wash and drain lentils. Place in saucepan, add water and salt
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. The lentils should be tender with skin intact. Drain immediately.
- Combine the lentils with cooked rice, pour dressing over mixture and refrigerate until cool.
- Add rest of ingredients, except parsley, mix well.
- Garnish with parsley before serving (optional).
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.