This recipe provided by foodhero.org
Lentil Confetti Salad
Course: Mains & Sides
Servings: 4 cups
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/5 cup green peppers, seeded and chopped about 1/2 a small pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 6 sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley optional
Wash and drain lentils. Place in saucepan, add water and salt
Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. The lentils should be tender with skin intact. Drain immediately.
Combine the lentils with cooked rice, pour dressing over mixture and refrigerate until cool.
Add rest of ingredients, except parsley, mix well.
Garnish with parsley before serving (optional).
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.