This recipe was modified from a recipe provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Magazine.
Microwave Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls
Quick and easy breakfast bowls made in a mug
- 1 whole wheat torrtilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp tomato salsa
- 1 tbsp shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Line the mug or bowl with the tortilla.
- Crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl and whisk well. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into the mug or bowl with the tortilla.
- Top with salsa and cheese and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until the eggs puff up and are cooked through.
- Allow it to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving, this dish gets very hot.
- Add a tablespoon of black beans if desired
- Add a tablespoon of fresh tomatoes, cilantro, chopped spinach, or bell pepper
- Try cheddar cheese instead of Monterey jack
- Top with fresh avocado