This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
Avocado and Egg Waffle Topper
Try a different take on avocado toast. This version tops toasty waffles with an easy guacamole and a fried egg.
Servings: 2 topped waffles
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 frozen waffles
- In small bowl mash avocado. Stir in yogurt, hot pepper sauce and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully break eggs into skillet. When whites are set, add water. Cover skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until yolks begin to thicken.
- Meanwhile, toast waffles according to package directions. Spread avocado mixture on waffles. Slide one egg on each. Serve immediately.