This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
Baked Summer Squash Rounds
A crisp and savory Parmesan coating turns baked summer squash slices into appetizer crisps!
Servings: 6 6 Slice Servings
- 2 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini about 1 lb. total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn flake cereal crushed to 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In bowl toss slices with oil.
- On piece of wax paper mix together cereal, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Roll zucchini slices in cereal mixture, gently pressing crumbs onto zucchini. Place, in single layer, on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
Rice flake or rice crisp cereal may be substituted for the corn flake cereal