This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 lbs chicken pieces, washed and patted dry
- 3 tbsp margarine or butter, melted
- Place crisp rice cereal in shallow dish or pan. Stir in paprika. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Mix until smooth. Dip chicken in batter. Coat with cereal. Place in single layer, skin side up in shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray or foil lined. Drizzle with melted margarine.
- Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking. Serve hot.