This recipe provided by FoodHero.org
Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Servings: 16 bars
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rice cereal
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- In a saucepan bring honey to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in peanut butter.
- Add dry cereal, oats and raisins; mix well. Remove from heat
- Lightly spray or oil an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Press into prepared 8-inch pan. When cool, cut into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Try this recipe with 4 cups of unsweetened cereal flakes instead of the rice cereal and oats.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter.
Peanut Butter Cereal Bars with Corn Flakes
Peanut Butter Cereal Bars with Rice Cereal