Get Help!

Who to Call

If you or someone you know or work with might benefit from WIC services, please contact the clinic nearest you or call ITCN WIC at 775-398-4960.

You can locate your closest WIC clinic right in the app!


Using Your eWIC Card

If you or someone you know or work with might benefit from WIC services, please contact the clinic nearest you or call ITCN WIC at 775-398-4960.

  1. Make sure you know your WIC food item balance using a current Shopping List or your last receipt.
  2. Shop for your WIC items, then go to the checkout lane. Look for the sign that says “WIC Accepted Here” at the lane or if you are at one of the stores indicated as “WIC At Any Lane” you may check out at any lane.
  3. Separate your WIC-eligible items from your other groceries.
  4. Tell the cashier that you will be using your Nevada WIC EBT Card and give them any store or manufacturer coupons you may have.
  5. Select “WIC Purchase” on the Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal, then swipe your Nevada WIC EBT Card.
  6. Enter your four-digit PIN and press “Enter”.
  7. The cashier will scan each item to confirm that it is an approved WIC food item.
  8. The cashier will enter the amount of your coupons, total all WIC food items and give you a WIC EBT receipt. Your receipt shows your remaining benefit balance.
  9. Make sure you have your Nevada WIC EBT Card and receipt when you leave the store.
Appointments - What is needed?

At the time of your appointment, each applicant will need to have their

  1. Identification
  2. Proof of Residency, and
  3. Proof of Income

You will be asked to bring any of the following for your WIC Certification appointment
(but is not limited to):


Must be current/valid original document (no photocopies)


    • Immunization Record
    • Hospital Birth Record
    • Birth Certificate
    • Medicaid Card

Women or Adult (parent, guardian, or proxy)

    • Photo ID (such as drivers license, passport)
    • Work or School ID
    • Birth Certificate
    • Medicaid Card


One proof of residency may be used to certify the entire family. Parent/guardian’s proof of residence applies to the infant/child (name does not have to appear on the document used).

The following are accepted documentation forms of residency:

    • Current Utility bills for the residence reported
    • Rent or mortgage receipts for lodging/housing
    • Statement from landlord
    • State of Nevada driver’s license or state I.D. with current physical address
    • A P.O. Box address is not acceptable for proof of residence


Bring documentation for all income received by the household members


Income is defined as all gross income before deductions are made for income taxes, social security taxes, insurance premiums, child support, car payments, etc. All income from the prior 30 days will normally be considered, including:

    • Wages, salary, commissions, or fees
    • Net income from farm and non-farm self-employment
    • Social Security benefits
    • Dividends or interest on savings or bonds
    • Income from estates or trusts, on investments or net rental income
    • Public assistance or welfare payments
    • Unemployment payments
    • Government, civilian employee or military retirement or pensions or veterans payments
    • Private pensions or annuities or insurance benefits
    • Alimony or child support payments
    • Regular contributions from persons not living in the household
    • Net royalties
    • Other income includes, but is not limited to, cash amounts received or withdrawn from any source including savings, investments, trust accounts and other resources with are readily available to the family
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get my WIC food benefits on the WIC EBT Card?

Your Nevada WIC EBT Card will hold all the benefits for your entire family.  At the WIC clinic, you will get a list of your family’s WIC food benefits for the current month and two future months.

Your WIC clinic is responsible for prescribing your foods and entering your benefits into the system.  You will have one Nevada WIC EBT Card which holds all the benefits for your entire family.  You will receive a shopping list from your clinic showing you all of the benefits available on your card.

How will I know my WIC food benefit balance (shopping list)?

There are four ways to get your balance:

  1. The WICShopper mobile app
  2. Always keep your last receipt as this will show your remaining balance.
  3. Call the toll-free number 1-877-234-7056 and follow the directions.
  4. Go to the cashier line at your grocery store and do a balance inquiry.

What happens if I need to change my WIC food benefits?

You will need to contact your WIC Clinic staff to discuss any possible changes to your food benefits.

What if I plan to move or change my address?

You must contact your WIC Clinic staff.  Always make sure your address is correct as this is how you will receive your replacement card should your card be lost or stolen.

What is a PIN (Personal Identification Number)?

Your PIN is a four-digit secret code that allows you to use your Nevada WIC EBT Card at the grocery store.  Your card WILL NOT work until you select your PIN. You will select your PIN when you get your first Nevada WIC EBT Card.  Choose four numbers that are easy for you to remember, but hard for someone else to figure out.

Never tell your PIN to anyone!  DO NOT write your PIN on your Nevada WIC EBT Card.  If someone knows your PIN, they can use your card to get your benefits and those benefits will not be replaced.

What if I forget my PIN, want a new PIN or someone finds out my PIN?

Call Customer Service at 1-877-234-7056 to choose a new PIN.

What if I enter the wrong PIN?

If you can’t remember your PIN, call Customer Service at 1-877-234-7056 to choose a new PIN.  If you enter the wrong PIN, you will have three more chances to enter the correct number.  After the fourth try, you won’t be able to use your card until 12:01 am the next day.

What if my card is lost or stolen?

If your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately by calling Customer Service.  Always call the minute your find out your card is missing.  You will have to wait 5-7 business days to receive your replacement card in the mail.

How do I take care of my WIC EBT card?

  1. NEVER tell your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone.
  2. Do NOT write your PIN on your card.
  3. Sign your name on the back of your card.
  4. Keep your card clean, safe and away from hot places, like direct sunlight and DO NOT bend.
  5. Keep your card away from electronic equipment, such as TV’s, radios, VCR’s, microwaves, etc. and store away from magnets and other mag-stripe cards (i.e., credit or debit cards).

What if I need someone else to do my WIC shopping for me?

If you want someone else to shop for you, contact your WIC Clinic Staff and ask them about adding a Proxy.

What happens if the store’s WIC EBT equipment is not working?

You may return to that store location at a later time OR you may go to a different WIC-approved store to shop.

What if one of my WIC food items will not scan or if I have an “Insufficient Balance?”

  • If the store’s WIC EBT system does not allow a WIC-approved food item for your WIC purchase, the item may not be included in the list of current WIC-approved food items for that store.
  • If the cashier says you have an “Insufficient Balance” for one of your WIC food items, review your available balance.  You can’t use your Nevada WIC EBT Card to buy more food items than what your available balance identifies.

What do I do if benefits were taken from my card and I did not receive the food items from the store?

If you think the store has made an error you MUST call Customer Service as soon as you become aware of the mistake.  Neither the store nor the WIC Clinics are able to return the items to your Nevada WIC EBT Card.  You must call Customer Service to file a claim.

When do I call Customer Service?

  • If your card is damaged or won’t work.
  • If you can’t remember your PIN or want to change your PIN.
  • If you have questions or need help with your card.
  • For your Food Benefit balance.
  • To file a claim