Get Help!

We welcome you and your family to the Oklahoma WIC program. Do you need shopping assistance? Please call us if you have any questions by dialing: 405-549-3291 24/7.  If you need breastfeeding assistance, please call the Oklahoma Breastfeeding Hotline at 1-877-271-MILK (6455).  You can call this number 24 hours a day to get breastfeeding support for nursing mothers, their families, partners, prospective parents, and health professionals. All calls returned by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). You can also access our Virtual Prenatal Bag Resource here or o en español aquí.

Do you have questions or have problems using the WICShopper app?  Email JPMA at [email protected] 

Are you new to WIC?  Please watch the Oklahoma WIC Shopping Tips video below!


WIC Shopping Tips Video

Tips and FAQ’s

Q: Do I have to get all of my WIC foods (foods & formula)?

A: You are not required to redeem all of your WIC benefits (foods & formula) at one time. You may choose to redeem fewer or none of the WIC benefits (foods & formula) prescribed to you.

Q: Can I replace foods I don’t use with another food?

A: Contact your WIC clinic to discuss your options for any changes in WIC benefits. No substitutions may be made at the store.

Q: May I feed my child’s or my WIC benefits (foods & formula) to other members in my household?

A: The WIC benefits (foods & formula) are meant only for the person who was specifically prescribed the WIC benefits (foods & formula). If those in your home receiving WIC benefits (foods & formula) do not eat a certain WIC-provided food, either do not get it at the store or ask the WIC clinic staff to remove it from your prescribed WIC benefits (foods & formula).

Q: What should I do if I reduce or stop breastfeeding?

A: Contact your WIC clinic to discuss the options available to you.

Q: Will my WIC benefits (foods & formula) roll over to the next month if they are not used?

A: No. Any WIC benefits (foods & formula) not purchased that month will not carry over to the next month.

Find a WIC Office
Use the “Find a WIC Office” button in the WICShopper app.  You can get directions to your clinic and call them right from the app.
Find a WIC Store
  • Use the “WIC Stores” button in the WICShopper app.
Shopping Tips
  • Scan products in the WICShopper app to make sure they are Oklahoma WIC-eligible.  Remember to verify you have WIC benefits (foods & formula) on your eWIC card before attempting a purchase! 
  • View your Oklahoma WIC Approved Food List (AFL) in WICShopper (or your printed version) to see the WIC benefits (foods & formula) you can buy.
Scanning Products
Q: I scanned some foods or entered a UPC number and see some different messages.  What do they mean?

A: Messages are:

  • Allowed – This item is allowed for Oklahoma WIC! One thing to know is you might see an item is allowed, but it’s not part of your WIC benefits (foods & formula), so you can’t buy it with WIC. For example, a child under two years of age will receive whole milk on their WIC benefits. If your child is two years old or older, whole milk won’t be part of your WIC benefits, and you won’t be able to buy whole milk at the register. Until WIC benefits (foods & formula) are linked to the WICShopper app, this “allowed” message may not apply to your family’s WIC benefits (foods & formula).
  • Not a WIC item – This means Oklahoma WIC hasn’t approved this item. If you think you should be able to buy this food with WIC benefits (foods & formula) , let us know by using the “I couldn’t buy this!” button in this app.
  • Unable to identify – This means the app can’t determine if the item is WIC-eligible. This could be due to not having connectivity in the store. Try connecting to WiFi or finding a spot in the store where you get better service.

Q: I tried scanning fresh fruits and vegetables.  Either they don’t scan or they come up as not allowed. Why?

A: The app can’t scan certain barcodes on fresh fruits and vegetables or sometimes the stores use their own packaging.

I couldn't buy this!
Q: When would I use, “I couldn’t buy this!”? And what is it?

A:  “I couldn’t buy this!” lets you tell WIC when a food item you’re trying to buy is denied at the register. When you use, “I couldn’t buy this!” in the WICShopper app, the WIC state agency will get a notice.  The WIC state agency will review all items submitted and work with stores to make allowed foods available to you!

eWIC Card Problems?
If you need to report a lost or stolen eWIC card, believe that someone may have learned what your secret PIN is, believe that an inaccurate store transaction has been made to your account, or have any other questions or concerns about your eWIC Card, please call toll free 1-866-562-2702 for assistance. Remember that only your local WIC clinic can issue you a replacement WIC Card.

Disclaimer and Nondiscrimination

Disclaimer and Nondiscrimination


All information contained within the Department of Health and Senior Service website is intended for educational purposes only and is not to be used for diagnosis or treatment. The information is provided to further the understanding of WIC nutrition and related matters. Consumers should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something they may have seen on this site. Nutritionists, physicians, and other health care professionals are encouraged to consult other sources and confirm information contained on this site. References to any non-governmental entity, product, service, or source of information that may be contained in this site should not be considered an endorsement, either direct or implied, by the Oklahoma Department of Health and Senior Services. Additionally, the Department cannot be held responsible for information contained on other sites to which its website may be linked. If any offensive information is found on these sites, we would appreciate immediate notification by email.

Nondiscrimination (English)

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Nondiscrimination (Spanish)

Los demás programas de asistencia nutricional del FNS, las agencias estatales y locales, y sus beneficiarios secundarios, deben publicar el siguiente Aviso de No Discriminación:

De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.

Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.

Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por:

  1. correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442;
  3. correo electrónico: [email protected].

Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.

JPMA, Inc.