This recipe courtesy of Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
- 1 Cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup Packed light brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 3 Cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Heat oven to 350 . Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat peanut butter and brown sugar with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add eggs and applesauce; beat until smooth. Add flour and baking soda; beat until flour is incorporated and no streaks of white remain. Add cereal and raisins; mix on low speed to combine.
- Shape dough into golf ball-size balls (about 1/4 cup each). Place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Press balls lightly to flatten slightly.
- Bake in 350 oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks 1 to 2 minute to firm slightly. Remove to racks; cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Always cool the baking sheets before baking more cookies. A hot baking sheet will melt the dough and cookie edges may burn or cookies can lose their shape.