This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
This oven-baked version of tuna croquettes contains less fat, but all the flavor and crunch of traditional croquettes.
- 4 cups corn flake cereal very finely crushed to 1 cup (divided)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 can 12 oz. tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- On piece of wax paper toss together 1/2 cup of the corn flake cereal crumbs and oil. Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine egg, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in onion and carrot. Add tuna and the remaining 1/2 cup cereal crumbs. Toss just until mixed. Shape mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties. Lightly coat with cereal-oil mixture. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425°F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn. Bake at 425°F about 5 minutes more or until golden.
- Serve patties warm with tartar sauce or mayonnaise mixed with relish