This recipe courtesy of Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
Servings: 4.5 Cups
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple pancake syrup
- 3 cups crispy rice and corn squares (i.e. Crispix)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- In large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter at high, 15 to 30 seconds. Stir in cinnamon and syrup.
- Add cereal. Toss to coat evenly. Microwave at high 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- spread on waxed paper; let cool 5 minutes. Return to bowl.
- Add marshmallows and chocolate morsels.
Short on time or ingredients? Whether you’re craving a salty snack or something on the sweeter side, it’s easy to create your own unique mix by tossing rice and corn cereal squares with any combination of pretzels, nuts, mini snack crackers, chocolate candies and/or dried fruits to suit your mood!