This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Servings: 8 popsicles
- 2 peaches about 2 cups chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 8 5oz dixie cups
- 8 Popsicle sticks or plastic spoons
- Aluminium foil
- Wash and chop peaches. Divide among the 8 paper cups.
- Measure yogurt and place in a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour cranberry juice into the yogurt, stirring until blended.
- Evenly pour the juice/yogurt mixture over the peaches in the cups.
- Cut squares of aluminum foil to cover the tops of the cups, piercing each with the spoon handle. The foil should hold the handle in place.
- Freeze for at least four hours before serving.
- To eat, peel away paper cups from pops.
- Substitute fruits depending on what is in season
- Fall: Substitute apples, cider, and add cinnamon
- Winter: Substitute clementine slices and cranberry juice
- Spring: Substitute strawberries
- Substitute your favorite WIC juice to change up flavors
- Use vanilla yogurt if you don’t have plain