This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
- 1/2 cup low fat granola
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesuace
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- In a large zip-top plastic bag, add granola. Squeeze any air out of the bag and seal. Lightly crush granola using a can or the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Peel bananas. Use your fingers to break them up into the bag of crushed granola.
- Add applesauce and yogurt to banana mixture in bag.
- Press out any extra air before sealing the bag again.
- Use your fingers to squish and mash ingredients together until well blended.
- Chill pudding inside sealed bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Keeps in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Chef Tips • Alternatives to granola – WIC Cereal, Oats • Prepare in individual snack size bags for a daycare or school breakfast or snack • Pour into popsicle molds and freeze • Consider microwaving for a warm treat