This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Festive Fall Apple Crisp
A healthier take on an all-time seasonal favorite! With a hearty dose of oats for a crunchy topping, this is a delicious treat.
- 6 medium apples cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
For the topping
- For the topping
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray your pan with cooking spray.
- Add the sliced apples, 1 tablespoon flour, sugar, lemon juice, and ¼ tsp cinnamon to a mixing bowl. Toss well and pour into a 9” square or round baking dish.
- For the topping: combine the flour, cinnamon, oatmeal, and brown sugar in the previously used bowl. Mix in the melted butter and stir well. Evenly spread topping over the apples.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. May be served warm or cold
- Substitute half or all of the apples for sliced pears
- Add 1 cup frozen fruit such as strawberries, blueberries or cranberries
- Serve with vanilla yogurt
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 3-5 days