This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
Servings: 2 topped waffles
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple or 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks drained
- 1/2 medium banana thickly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 2 frozen waffles
- In small nonstick skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pineapple, banana and ginger. Cook over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until fruit just begins to brown, stirring frequently. Stir in apple juice. Simmer, uncovered, until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Toast waffles according to package directions. Spoon fruit mixture on top.