This recipe courtesy of Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups corn flake cereal
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1/3 cup honey-mustard salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 oranges pitted, peeled and sliced
- Lengthwise cut chicken pieces into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Set aside. In shallow dish whisk together egg whites and water. On piece of wax paper toss together cereal, oil and jerk seasoning.
- Dip chicken in egg white mixture. Roll in cereal mixture, gently pressing cereal mixture onto all sides. Place in single layer on baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° F for 11 to 13 minutes or until tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together salad dressing and orange juice. Serve as dipping sauce with chicken and orange slices.
Oranges make a delicious accompaniment to these chicken fingers, but if they’re not in season, use fresh or canned pineapple or mango sections.