Recipe provided by FoodHero.org
Servings: 2 cups
- 1/2 cup hopped onion
- 1/2 cup cup chopped bell pepper any color
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup dried lentils rinsed
- 4 1/2 tsp hili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro or oregano optional
- 1 1/4 cups broth any flavor
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the lentils, chili powder, cumin and cilantro/oregano (if using). Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the lentils are tender, 20 to 30 minutes for brown lentils, Add water if necessary to keep the lentils just covered with liquid.
- Uncover; cook until mixture thickens and most of the water is gone, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use for tacos, wraps or salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.