This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Servings: 6 cups
- 6 Medium carrots
- 1/2 Small onion
- 1 Large lemon
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dark or golden raisins
- Rinse and peel carrots and onion.
- Shred carrots with a grater. Dice onion.
- Rinse lemon and cut in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice. Discard seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots and onions.
- In a second small bowl, combine oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, and 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice. Mix well. Let marinate 5 minutes.
- Pour liquid mixture over carrots and onions. Stir in raisins. Mix well.
- For best taste, allow flavors to blend before serving. Let sit 15 - 20 minutes after you have mixed in the sauce in step 6.
- Replace half of the carrot with grated jicama or apples.
- Serve as a colorful side dish for fish, poached chicken, or baked or broiled chicken legs.
- Layer onto a sandwich with lean turkey and fresh veggies like cucumbers.
- Cut this recipe in half to save money.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 240mg | Fiber: 2g