This recipe courtesy of Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
- 3-1/2 cups corn flakes cereal crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped peppers and onions
- Prepared salsa optional
- Heat oven to 350 . Generously spray twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal and butter. Divide crumb mixture evenly among muffin cups. Using a small spoon, lightly press crumb mixture against bottom and up the sides of cups.
- In second medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until blended. Add cheese, and peppers and onions; mix well. Spoon into muffin cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in 350 oven for 13 to 14 minutes or until centers are just set. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Loosen egg bites from sides of muffin cups with a thin knife. Remove from cups. Serve with salsa, if desired.
This recipe can be made in a mini muffin pan. Reduce baking time to 12 to 13 minutes. Makes 24 mini egg bites.