Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 1 Stove Top
- 1 Oven
- 1.5 lbs petite potatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500 F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Rinse and dry potatoes. Add potatoes to the boiling water and cook for about 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and place on the baking sheet. Using a fork, gently smash and flatten potatoes until they come apart a little and are about ½ inch thick.
- In a bowl, add olive oil, garlic, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Brush mixture generously over smashed potatoes.
- Add potatoes to the oven and bake for 12 minutes, until they’re soft and starting to get crispy.
- Remove from the oven and, using a fork, flatten them slightly more. Sprinkle cheese evenly on potatoes and return to the oven for 2-3 more minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.