Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 1- pound Russet Potatoes cut lengthwise wedges
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper As Needed
- 3 cups Prepared Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Wash, scrub and cut the potatoes into lengthwise wedges.
- Place the potato wedges into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt/pepper. Toss to combine, and arrange the potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place them in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, gently heat up the marinara sauce over low heat.
- To serve the potatoes, arrange the potato wedges in a bowl or serving vessel spoon some of the tomato sauce over and around the crispy potato wedges. Sprinkle the top with fresh basil and grated parmesan, serve immediately.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 1094mg | Fiber: 2g | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3mg