Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2 tablespoons water If not strict vegan, flax mixture can be replaced with regular egg
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter** Peanut butter or preferred nut/seed butter can be used per preference
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats certified gluten-free if needed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- Preheat oven to 375 °F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat, parchment paper, or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together potatoes, maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, flax egg, and sunflower seed butter.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Drop on prepared baking sheet by the spoonful, and flatten slightly with hand.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.