Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
Quick Baked Potato Pizzas
- 4 5-to 6-oz. Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons healthy buttery spread
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic or seasoned salt
- Snipped fresh chives or green onion tops optional
- 16 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup warm pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sliced green onion
- Cut a wedge out of each potato about 1/8-inch wide and 1-inch deep and place in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 10 to12 minutes depending on strength of microwave. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave.
- Carefully make a slit in the top of each potato and fluff with a fork. Stir 1 Tablespoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon buttery spread and 1/8 teaspoon salt into each potato; sprinkle with chives if desired. Place 16 slices turkey pepperoni on a plate and microwave on HIGH for 45 to 60 seconds to crisp.
- Top each seasoned potato with pasta sauce, cheese, green pepper and green onion. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes to melt cheese, then, top with coarsely crumbled pepperoni slices