Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 1/2 lb. yellow or red potatoes cut into bite-size cubes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb diced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup red chili enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped poblano Anaheim or bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 small corn tortillas* warmed or crunchy taco shells
- 8 lime wedges
- Shredded cabbage or romaine lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Diced avocado
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet liberally with cooking spray. Add potatoes and onion; cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring and coating with cooking spray occasionally. Stir in chicken, pepper and seasoning and cook for 5 minutes more. Add red chili enchilada sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place equal amounts of cheese on each tortilla and heat in a skillet until cheese is melted. Add potato mixture and any other desired toppings. Serve with lime wedge.