Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 2 lemons juiced
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2/4 cup water
- sea salt, pepper, and dried oregano to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425 °F.
- Scrub and peel potatoes well under water and slice into wedges, try to keep them all similar thickness/size so they cook evenly.
- Add sliced potatoes to a large glass baking dish or a casserole dish will do. Make sure the potatoes fit in a single layer.
- Add over top: water, lemon juice, olive oil and all seasonings. Mix together with a wooden spoon or hands to make sure potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes with tin foil, then uncovered for approx. 15 minutes until golden. Stick potatoes to confirm when they’re done.