Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 6 Medium red or yellow potatoes cut into large cubes
- 1 Small red onion diced
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Season salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup ham diced
- 4 to 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 ° F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet (18” x 13”) with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes, onion, red pepper, and garlic to pan. Make sure there is roughly 1/4 to 1/2 inches between pieces for even roasting.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with seasoning salt and black pepper to taste. Toss lightly to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle ham on top of the mixture.
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing half way through
- Remove pan and make 4 to 6 wells in the mixture, evenly spaced. Crack eggs into each well and season with seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until eggs are set to desired doneness.
- Remove pan from oven, and serve with green onions, sliced avocado, and hot sauce.
Time-Saving Tips: Cook everything but the eggs on Sunday evening, and refrigerate for breakfast throughout the week. When you’re ready to eat, cook a fresh egg to top your hash, and enjoy.
Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 265mg | Sodium: 630mg | Potassium: 1782mg | Fiber: 11g | Vitamin C: 105mg