Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping ‘Show Me’ below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
Skewered Potato Twisters
- 2 yellow potatoes
- 1 tablespoon 15 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon 2.5 grams smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon .75 grams garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon 1.5 grams sea salt
- 2 tablespoons 8 grams finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Wash potatoes (leaving skin on) and place metal skewer through the center of each.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make a cut at one end of the potato until you hit the skewer. Then hold the knife at a slight angle and slowly turn the potato to make one continuous cut down the length of the potato. This will create a spiral effect. Note: Aim to make each turn about 1/4-inch thick.
- Gently loosen up and fan out the potato into a longer spiral on the skewer. Brush the outside & inside of the spirals with olive oil.
- Mix together the paprika, garlic powder, and salt and sprinkle on the potatoes.
- Grill (with cover closed) for 30 minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Drizzle with any remaining oil and sprinkle with parsley.