Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 2 cups 500 g Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup 172 g Black Beans (cooked/canned)
- 2 cups 240 g Oaxaca Cheese (grated) (May substitute Oaxaca cheese for grated pepper jack or mozzarella)
- 4 each 176 g Eggs
- 1 cup 254 g Prepared Pico de Gallo
- ½ cup 82 g Frozen Yellow Corn
- ½ cup 8 g Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup 236 ml Sour Cream
- ¼ cup 59 ml Hot Sauce
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Drain and rinse cooked black beans using a strainer. Shake off excess water. In a medium size bowl, add mashed potatoes, black beans, and mix until black beans are evenly distributed in mashed potatoes. Then form into ¼ cup patties. In a nonstick frying pan or skillet, on medium high heat, scoop ¼ cup of grated cheese and melt, then place mashed potato cake on top melted cheese. When cheese has formed into a crust or turn golden brown remove and set aside encrusted mashed potato cake, cheese crust side up.
- In a frying pan, on medium high heat, scramble eggs. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add prepared Pico de Gallo and thawed corn and mix until combined. Set aside.(Optional) Roast corn in a dry cast iron skillet on high heat to char corn for extra roasted flavor.
- In a small bowl, pour sour cream and hot sauce and mix until combined, and set aside.
- To assemble, per plate, lay hot sauce crema on plate, lay 2 mashed potato cakes on top, scoop scramble eggs and garnish with chopped cilantro and lay corn salsa beside mashed potato cakes.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 1620mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 14.91mg