Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 3 cups Frozen or Fresh Diced Potatoes
- ¾ cup Green Bell Pepper diced
- ¾ cup White Onion diced
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Powder Seasoning
- 12 each Large Eggs
- 1 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Sour Cream
- As Needed Salsa optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- If using fresh potatoes, cook them by placing diced fresh potatoes in a pot and cover them with water. Place the potatoes over medium high heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool until they can be handled
- Arrange a ¼ cup of frozen diced potatoes into 5-ounce muffin tins that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Add 1 tablespoon of diced peppers, and a tablespoon of diced onions with each muffin tin, on top of the potatoes.
- Place the muffin tin into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Carefully sprinkle the tops of all the veggies in the muffin tin with some ranch powder seasoning.
- Crack the eggs together in a bowl and beat with a fork until mixed well.
- Carefully pour the eggs over the veggies in the muffin tins until just slightly below the rim.
- Top the eggs with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese, place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing the egg cups from the muffin tins.
- Serve with Salsa and Sour Cream. Enjoy