Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 3 medium yellow potatoes
- 1 sweet or yellow onion
- 1/2 cup 120 ml olive oil
- 6 each large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp ~1g Sea Salt
- Slice the potatoes and onions (1/8th inch thick).
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the sliced onions, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until they are translucent.
- Add sliced potatoes, cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add 6 eggs to a large bowl.
- Remove and strain the potatoes and onion from the oil and place in the bowl with the eggs, stir, and season with salt.
- Cover and let the rest for 15 minutes.
- Warm-up a medium-sized non-stick pan with olive oil.
- Cook the mixture for 1 minute on high heat, and 2-3 minutes on low heat until the edges are cooked.
- Use a plate that’s larger than the pan to flip the mixture with the pan onto the plate.
- Add the flipped potato tortilla back into the pan and cook it for 1 minute on high heat, and 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Take off the pan, and let the tortilla sit for 5 minutes to fully set.