Your humble, nutrient-dense, vegetable.
Learn everything you need to know about potatoes by tapping 'Show Me' below! Dig into potato nutrition and cooking methods or discover the best ways to store potatoes by checking out the storage guide. Learn fun history facts about potatoes and get answers to the most frequently asked potato questions.
- 2 lbs. yellow potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Canola or Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from approx. 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and scrub potatoes, and then dry. Cut each potato into eighths (or more for large potatoes).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place potatoes on baking sheet, and add chopped pepper and onion. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with salt and pepper. Add whole peeled garlic cloves on top of potatoes.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, until potatoes are soft and starting to crisp. Remove from oven. Using the back of a fork, mash roasted garlic cloves into a paste. Squeeze lemon juice over potatoes and add feta cheese. Add fresh parsley, if using. Toss potato salad together and transfer into a medium serving bowl and enjoy while warm.