This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Magazine.
Servings: 1 person
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced bananas
- In a plastic container, add the oats.
- Pour in the yogurt, milk, and cinnamon and stir gently to combine.
- Add the fruit and cover the container with a lid.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Overnight Oat Variations
- PB&J Oats: ½ cup oats, ½ cup low-fat milk, ½ cup frozen or fresh strawberries, and ½ cup peanut butter.
- Coconut Oats: ½ cup oats, 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice, ½ cup low-fat milk, ½ cup vanilla yogurt, 1/3 cup shredded coconut, and ½ cup fresh or frozen fruit of choice.
- Peach Oats: ½ cup oats, ½ cup low-fat milk, ½ cup vanilla yogurt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2/3 cup frozen or fresh peaches
- Apple Pie Oats: ½ cup oats, ½ cup low-fat milk, ¼ cup plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ cup chopped apple, and 1 teaspoon honey.