This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups whole grain cereal ex Cheerios
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with plastic wrap, parchment paper, or wax paper so the edges are hanging well over the side of the pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir frequently using a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to bubble (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Mix in the Cheerios, stir lightly until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch pan, spreading out using the wooden spoon.
- Wrap the extra edges of plastic wrap over the top of the mixture, pressing down lightly until it sticks.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
- Keeps in the fridge for 5 days.
Tips & Suggestions
- Offer as a snack, breakfast, or sweet treat
- Try other cereals such as Multigrain Cheerios, Rice Krispies, or Quaker Oatmeal Squares
- Double this recipe and use a 9 x 13 inch pan instead
- Try adding in dried cranberries, coconut flakes, or thinly sliced banana as a topping on the bars