This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Servings: 6 wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (or 1tsp dried chives or use basil)
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 sliced tomato (optional, garnish)
- Place a large skillet on medium-low heat and add the oil.
- When the oil begins to sizzle, add chopped onions to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the thinly sliced potatoes and stir. Cover the pan with a lid or foil and let cook over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the milk, chives and pepper, whisk until combined.
- Turn the heat down to low and pour egg mixture into the pan, stirring gently to allow the eggs to flow through the ingredients and reach the bottom. Cover and let cook for 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Top egg mixture with cheese.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 5 more minutes or until the eggs are set and don’t jiggle when moving the pan.
- Let cool for 1-2 minutes before serving. This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If you have leftover veggies, add them to the pan with the potatoes in step 2.
- Try adding other dried spices such as oregano or basil for added flavor.
- Use different types of shredded cheese like mozzarella or pepper jack.