This recipe provided by foodhero.org
Servings: 12 quesadillas
- 12 soft corn tortillas 6 inch
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, frozen (thawed), or canned (drained)
- 1/2 cup black or pinto beans canned or cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chooped optional
Cilantro Yogurt Dip
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped 1/
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat large skillet over low heat (250 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Divide cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, shredded carrots and peppers between the tortillas, covering about half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half over the filling.
- Place one or two folded tortillas on a dry skillet and heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook other side until golden, about 1 minute.
- Remove to a plate and repeat until all tortillas are heated.
- Mix together nonfat yogurt, cilantro and salt to make the dip.
- Cut each quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately with the dip.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.