This recipe provided by foodhero.org
Veggie Skillet Eggs
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano or basil
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped about 2/3 cup
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh, canned, or frozen mixed vegetables green beans, zucchini, peas, corn, broccoli, mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Beat eggs with pepper, oregano or basil, and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onions, garlic, and other vegetables and cook on medium (300 degrees in an electric skillet) until soft.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. With knife or spatula, lift outer edges of eggs so egg mixture flows to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until eggs are set, about 6 minutes. Top with tomato slices.
- Cut into 8 wedges; serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.