This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
- 1 Can lentils drained and rinsed
- ½ tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard optional
- ½ Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dry thyme or Italian herbs
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saute pan/skillet.
- Add carrots, onion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and herbs (optional), cook for one minute.
- Add lentils, vinegar and mustard (optional). Cook until lentils are warm, about 3 minutes
- If using vinegar, red wine, white wine or cider vinegar work best.
- If available, chopped leek can be substituted for onion.