This recipe provided by Kellogg’s Healthy Beginnings
This quiche is wonderful for a weekend brunch or a family dinner. Just add a tossed salad and crusty whole grain rolls for a complete meal.
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal crushed to 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup 4 oz. shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1 can 7 3/4 oz. salmon, drained, flaked and skin and bones removed
- 6 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Generously grease bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate or coat with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with corn flake cereal crumbs, turning pie plate to evenly distribute crumbs. Set aside.
- In small skillet cook onion in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle cheese and salmon over onion.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, flour, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Place pie plate on center oven rack. Carefully pour egg mixture over salmon and cheese. Bake at 325°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve.