This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Chop Chop Magazine.
Summer Squash Pasta Salad
Impress your family and friends with this simple, homemade pasta salad recipe.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 cup dry whole wheat penne Can substitute with Fusilli, Farfalle, or Macaroni
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup salad dressing of choice (Italian, Greek, Ranch, etc)
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package. Place the noodles into a mixing bowl and cool in the refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Dice the squash, zucchini, tomato, and onion into small bite size pieces and place into another bowl.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and salad dressing.
- Lastly, add in the cooked noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or can be prepared ahead of time and cooled.
Chef Tips • Substitute vegetables depending on what is in season. • Try making your own homemade dressing. • Vary your pasta noodles, dressing, and cheese. • Forget to buy pasta? Don’t worry, use your creative juices to make a fresh veggie salad instead.